<In The Works> Also see https://www.linkedin.com/in/karensprofile/
Sr. Manager of Marketing Automation | Tyler Technologies| March 2011 – Present
For a US-based public sector technology company, launched and managed their marketing automation and campaign management efforts:
- Launched and managed all marketing automation and sales alignment efforts across Tyler with platforms including: Marketo, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Act-On and the like.
- Centralized, standardized and automated campaign management efforts Tyler-wide (across 6 divisions).
- Launched and lead the Dallas Marketo User Group from inception to present.
Marketing Lead, Courts & Justice Division | Tyler Technologies| November 2009 – April 2011 (1 year 6 months)
For a US-based public sector technology company, managed all marketing efforts for the courts and justice division:
In charge of all Marketing initiatives for the Courts & Justice Division. See www.tylertech.com/courts-justice
Marketing Manager (Contractor) | McAfee | May 2009 – November 2009 (7 months)
For a global technology security company, managed their lead generation efforts for the inside sales teams:
• As part of the North American Mid-Market Field Marketing team focused on lead generation and sales support initiatives; provided immediate productivity while filling in for previous marketing manager while on maternity leave.
• With product marketing and creative agency, developed and deployed email marketing programs (using Eloqua) focused on driving leads to micro site with key messaging and compelling offers targeting thousands of US Mid-Market customers and prospects; delivered active leads to sales team.
• With Sales Ops, managed and successfully completed research project focused on Top Target accounts for (6) Mid-Market/Canada sales teams; resulted in P-Matrix of key target territory accounts including prospects (using Hoovers/Jigsaw) and top active customers.
• For Gov’t / Healthcare / Education sector sales team assisted with various marketing efforts including email marketing initiatives, coordinating webinars, reporting on campaigns, list management and more.
• Managed CPL online media program for Tech Target including refresh of micro site, lead management and reporting; also helped launch and manage CPL/White Paper Programs with IDGconnect, eMedia, SourceForge, Ziff Davis and others.
• Assessed and made recommendation of new webcast platform (Citrix GoToWebinar) to automate integration with Eloqua; deployment planning underway.
• Managed content updates to internal Sharepoint site/sales portal for field marketing programs to assist with communication to sales team.
• Involved with sales training in relation to communication of marketing programs and lead generation initiatives.
Marketing Manager | Layered Technologies| March 2007 – May 2009 (2 years 3 months)
For a global web hosting company, managed all their online marketing efforts:
• Successfully managed the deployment and ongoing utilization of ELOQUA Marketing Automation tool
• Consistently developed and deployed email marketing campaigns.
• Managed company web site including content development, SEO, Live Chat… to ensure increased traffic and click thru rates.
• Developed compelling content & offers from promotions (i.e. Free Demo, Free Trial…) and educational tools (i.e. white papers, videos, webcast, demos and more) as basis for offer-driven marketing programs.
• As a client communication tool, effectively managed company BLOG via routine posts from executives, employees, partners and more.
• Successfully launched the company’s Affiliate Partner Program to drive web traffic and increase sales.
• Managed web marketing initiatives and spearheaded various lead gen efforts for sales team.
• Supported PR / Analyst and social media initiatives with outside agency.
Marketing Manager | CompUSA / ISM TV Networks | April 2004 – March 2007 (3 years)
For a technology retailer, handled all marketing efforts to promote their in-store TV advertising program across their partner base:
• Created and managed web site for ISM and retail partner sites (i.e. CompUSA TV Network, Aero-media, Consumer Connect, etc.)…
• Developed and managed all email and direct mail marketing initiatives…
• Produced all marketing collaterals (i.e. datasheets, brochures, posters, etc.)…
• Produced proposals and presentations targeting prospective retail partners and advertising sponsors…
• Launched Salesforce.com as a web-based salesforce automation and data management tool.
• Managed all other marketing deliverables (i.e. photo shoot coordination, event management, promotional products, etc.)
• Managed vendor relations (i.e. PR, freelance designers, copywriters, printers and more) …
Marketing Manager (Contractor) | MarketingLAUNCH| February 2001 – April 2004 (3 years 3 months)
For technology clientele provided marketing services on a contract basis:
• Consistently acquired new clients and managed marketing programs for key clientele including; VeriSign, One Technology, ISM/CompUSA and others.
• [ISM/COMPUSA_2004] Developed and managed all marketing deliverables (i.e. web site/s, graphics production, presentations, email marketing and more) for ISM / CompUSA TV ensuring effective transfer of program info as well as increased sales activity. (Led to retained position)
• [ONE TECHNOLOGY_2003] Developed and delivered training program on Affiliate and Internet marketing which ensured immediate productivity of new employee/s.
• [VERISIGN / NETWORK SOLUTIONS_2001] Helped realize Q2 2001 revenue goals by developing and executing Internet/email partner marketing programs. Key contributor in launching the VeriSign-Network Solutions Internet-based Affiliate Program.
Marketing Manager & Training (Contractor) | DBM (Ericsson & Thomson) | April 2001 – May 2002 (1 year 2 months)
For a US-based outplacement agency working on-site at Ericsson managed their marketing and event efforts:
- Increased Ericsson’s Career Center traffic/usage up to 75% by successfully marketing career support services…
- Facilitated onsite Career Transition group workshops and provided 1-on-1 coaching to Ericsson’s released employees…
- Delivered Career Training Webinars (Thomson Learning)…
Partner Marketing Manager | LaunchPoint| August 1999 – July 2001 (2 years)
For an internet-based direct marketing technology company managed their partner alliance programs:
• Doubled registrations and revenues monthly by developing and implementing various marketing initiatives to ensure success of partner programs; included collaterals, email, direct mail, Internet marketing, events, promotions, PR, educational tools, etc.
• Published “Direct Mail for Dummies®” booklet, which became a highly successful promotional tool; publishing rights purchased by USPS.
• Ensured success of partner alliances (i.e. RE/MAX, Blue Cross, Unicare, Washington Mutual,…)
• Measured ROI on all marketing efforts
Affiliate Marketing Manager | LaunchPoint | 8/99-5/00 (promoted)
For an internet-based direct marketing technology company managed their online affiliate marketing program:
• Drove up to 15% of total company’s revenues by acquiring 10K+ Affiliate Partners…
• Founded Bay Area’s Affiliate Merchant Roundtable, an exchange forum to share info on Affiliate Marketing, which grew to attract 100+ attendees and panel speakers across the U.S.
Market Development & Events (Contractor) | DBM (Netscape) | June 1998 – August 1999 (1 year 3 months)
For a US-based outplacement agency working on-site at Netscape managed their marketing and event efforts:
• Within 7 weeks, increased Netscape Career Center traffic and usage by 65% thru successfully marketing to 600+ hiring companies and cultivating 2500+ external job leads.
• Per event, attracted 100+ attendees and > 50 hiring companies (i.e. Adobe, Apple, Cisco, CNET, HP, SUN, etc…) by successfully promoting and directing multiple NETSCAPE / DBM Job Fairs.
• Per event, attracted 40+ participants and numerous “hot” Internet start-ups / venture capitalists (i.e. ebay, CNET, E*Trade, Kliener Perkins, etc…) by developing an employer forum series and facilitating dialog between candidates and employers.
• Ensured success of Sun Microsystems alliance by maintaining strong partner relations.
Market Development Manager | Aquent| May 1997 – May 1998 (1 year 1 month)
For a global creative placement agency managing the D/FW business development efforts:
• Increased revenue by 40% thru the attainment and development of key target accounts (i.e. Lockheed, CompUSA, GTE, Uniden, Sabre Group, Radio Shack, American Heart Assoc. and more).
• Exceeded management expectations by increasing Dallas market revenues to $1.4M (’97) by implementing direct marketing and sales strategies.
• Within 7 months, promoted AQUENT’s new division -WebStaff- in Dallas market from initial start-up to company’s revenue leader.
Marketing Manager | Digital Sight & Sound | May 1994 – May 1997 (3 years 1 month)
For a central US reseller of graphic technology solutions (e.g. Silicon Graphics, Inmage, Integraph, etc…) managed their direct marketing efforts:
• Increased company sales by 35% to $2.5M by developing and implementing ongoing marketing initiatives including; direct mail, mass-fax, telemarketing, seminars, training workshops & more.
• Developed and maintained customer database as basis of ongoing targeted marketing efforts.
• Created well-received collaterals which became an effective client communication tool.